Hiya! So today’s post is all about interior styling. I am a bit of a freak when it comes to interiors and home ‘aesthetics’ everything must have synergy and not look out of place. Every single morning when I wake up I make my bed IMMEDIATELY or the rest of my day will be terrible (I’m that kind of girl) so you know that when I talk about home styling you can trust me….this is not.a.joke (jk).
Ok so here are the 5 steps to creating bedside table perfection….
- Start with a ‘blank canvas’ take everything off your table and see what it looks like. My bedside table is from NEXT (similar here) and it has stood the test of time lemme tell ya.
- Add your clock or radio or in my case clock-radio. It’s usually the most random thing on there so getting it in the right place is a nice cornerstone for the rest of the decor.
- Add any pictures or photographs. I like to tie mine in with the colours in my room so I have this black and white birthday card/huge photo my best friend made me for my 18th and then this flamingo illustration in a rose gold frame which my Mum got me for Christmas. Cute! Larger pics are great as they add height to the table which is IMPORTANT.
- Now add the smaller items that are necessary so I have my magnesium pills (good for sleep) and 2 candles as well as this Goop Clea Beauty book because yes, my guilty pleasure is Gwyneth Paltrow and all things Goop. Sue me. At least it isn’t cocaine. Also the book is quite neutral in colour so fits real nice on the table.
- Finally add anything else. I like to have coasters by my bed. I’m a 2 hand drinker as in I’ll have 2 drinks on the go at all times (usually tea and water if they’re by my bed….or wine). I’ve also got the remote for the radio, a little box of jewellery, my favourite nail polishes (I paint my nails at night…they never smudge – it’s weird) and then a little jar from the bf which has notes in it (I love little personal touches)
So that’s everything on my bedside table – i hope you enjoy, I’ll try and find everything and add links incase you wanna purchase anything!